Assessment Course Description
course covers the practical use and importance of the Risk
and the current laws that apply. This is an introductory course and
is suitable for those in any work environment where (significant)
hazards could occur and result in accidents. It highlights the best
ways of avoiding or lessening the impact of any hazardous incidents –
proving it is not merely a paperwork exercise. The course helps
employers meet their legal obligation to Health and Safety
legislation. The content is designed by ProTrainings and can be
offered as a regulated (TQUK) or non-regulated option.
Assessment Aims and Objectives
- Gives an understanding of a ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ and
- Outlines the 5 classic steps of the assessment process and how to apply them.
- A definition of control measures and how these might be implemented.
- A knowledge of hierarchy of controls (prevention)
- An understanding of the simple processes that are used in risk assessment.
- Defines accident in the context of RIDDOR
- At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Explain the legislation in relation to risk assessments;
- State the difference between a hazard and a risk;
- Demonstrate how to produce a risk assessment.
Assessment Course Suitability
The course is suitable for anyone in a workplace that wishes to keep hazardous incidents to a minimum in any environment from construction to industrial processes to forestry and outdoor education. The course is essential for anyone that must make risk assessments and for others that need to know the process. The course time is four hours and can be taken together with our health & safety courses to make a full day if needed.
Please contact by email, phone or via our contact form for group pricing. Our public course pricing is £80 per delegate