Version 1.1 dated 22 October 2018
C&A Training is intent in protecting your personal information.
C&A Training is a training company that specializes in training First Aid and other Health and Safety Topics. We have both industry and personal customers. In order to conduct this business we need to keep an electronic database of these customers for accounting and to pass on to our business partners who award certificates and keep records of those entitled to the qualifications we test for.
This policy contains important information about the personal details we collect and what we do with that information. We also outline who we may share it with and the reasons why. You have specific rights with regards to the information we collect from you.
From time-to-time we may make changes to the policy primarily to meet any new legal requirements but it may be for other reasons. If the change is substantial and pertinent to you we will notify you of these changes
The Information we Collect
The Information about you that we collect and use includes:
• your name, date of birth
1 and contact details
• any accounting information you provide us for billing purposes
• emails2 and phone calls about you related to any inquiry or contract you may have with us.
1 We do not collect your date-of-birth information unless it is mandatory for the qualification (this specifically required by regulated qualifications awarded by an Awarding Body to conform with Ofcom rules)
We do not currently use tracking cookies on our website
Your personal information is obtained directly from you and may be sourced from
• A Course Application or Registration Form
• A phone call to us
• Any emails, other e-communications or physical post that you send to us
We only collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary and legal to do in the performance of any product or service, contract or inquiry. We may also be legally obliged to provide information to law enforcement agencies in exceptional circumstances.
We will only send you marketing information if you given us your permission to do so. We do not currently market through direct email. However, we may subsequently ask you by email or by means of a form if you wish us to do this. We may send you reminders or other communications under GDPR legitimate interests
We may send you information to a third party if it is in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. an Industry Body or Awarding Body who issue Certificates. Should you not wish us to collect and process your information in this way we may be unable to provide our full range of services.
Current Third Parties include:
• ProTrainings Europe Limited
• Training Qualifications UK, Future Awards and Qualifications and Pearson Edexcel (regulated Qualifications)
• IT Service Providers including Microsoft
• Government bodies that we need to advise of our (data) processing activities – Information Commissioner’s Office
• Your employer only if your employer directly contracts with us for services
• Accountants for C&A Training Ltd – Accounting Purposes only
Protection and Retention of Your Information
We take information and our system security as a very important matter and we take great efforts to comply with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This means that any personal information which is obtained or recorded on paper, online or any other media, will hbe safeguarded in line with current regulations.
The information you provide is protected by encryption or physical security designed to minimise data loss or data breach. Any C&A Training instructor delivering courses has received training on the regulations and its application.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to provide a service to you. This is normally three years. We may keep information after this time if obliged to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
Your Rights with Regards to Your Personal Information
You have various rights over your personal information :-
1. You have a right to be informed receive straightforward information on the personal facts about you we we have, why we need it and with whom we share it. We meet this requirement through this Privacy Notice.
2. You have the right of access to your personal information. Should you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you then you can do that by means of a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).
3. Right to request that your personal information be rectified. For example, if your personal information is in error or incomplete the record can be corrected by notifying us.
4. Right to request erasure. You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed unless there is a legally defensible reason not to.
5. Right to restrict processing. You can ask that we process your personal information for particular purposes or reasons only. We can still keep your data but only for the purposes or reasons you specify.
There are additional rights you have but are less likely to apply in your relations with C&A Training Ltd.
6. The right to data portability.
7. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
How to make a complaint
8. The right to object. We will always do our utmost to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. If you do not believe we have handled your information as outlined in our Privacy Notice, please contact us and we will do our best to make things right. Our contact details can be found on our home page.
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details are:
UK – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner’s Office